Kawasaki Ninja 250R is manufactured by Japanese two-wheeler maker Kawasaki. Considered to be an entry level bike, this bike in India came into limelight in 2008 Autoexpo where Bajaj also displayed motorcycles from Kawasaki and KTM. Amongst all the Bajaj Auto’s displays, Kawasaki Ninja 250R had stolen the limelight with its supersport styling, amiable chassis and rider-friendly engine.
The bookings for the most awaited model Kawasaki Ninja 250R from India’s second largest two-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj Motors Ltd. would begin before Diwali. Whereas, the deliveries of this latest launch Kawasaki Ninja 250R in India would happen immediately.
Engine and Gearbox
This bike is powered by a liquid cooled, 4-stroke parallel twin 250cc engine. This 8 valve DOHC engine generates a maximum power output of 32.5 bhp at 11000 rpm. The utmost torque output of this engine is 22 Nm which is accessible at 8200 rpm. This engine performance with a 6-speed manual gearbox with first gear down and 4 gears up-shift pattern.
Technical Specification and Features of Kawasaki Ninja 250R
- Engine Type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 62.0 x 41.2mm
- Maximum Torque: 22 Nm (2.24 kgf/m) 16.2 lb-ft/9,500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 11.6:1
- Carburetor: Keihin CVK30 x 2
- Ignition Digital
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Cooling Liquid
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 26 degrees / 3.2 in.
- Front Tire Size: 110/70-17
- Rear Tire Size: 130/70-17
- Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel Bottom-Link Uni-Trak® with 5-way adjustable preload / 5.1 in.
- Front Brake Type: Single 290mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brake:Single 220mm petal disc with two-piston caliper
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- length: 82.1 in
- width: 28.1 in
- height: 43.7 in
- Seat Height: 30.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 374 lbs.
- Metallic Diablo Black, Sunbeam Red, Candy Thunder Blue, Special Edition Lime Green / Metallic Diablo Black
Warranty: 12 months
Price of Kawasaki Ninja 250R Bike
Kawasaki Ninja 250R was discontinued to make way for the new Ninja 300 in India. The twin-cylinder, 249cc machine was good for 32.5 HP and 22 Nm of torque. It comes with price of INR 3.03 lakh