It is usually a well-accepted fact that an Instagram profile helps in building more audience and awareness. The effect can be enhanced manifold add Instagram to WordPress. This will become an extremely useful tool to cultivate a larger audience by reaching out to both targeted as well as the non-targeted audience.
By integrating the two you will be able to:
- Create more awareness
- Showcase your products
- Build interest of Instagrammers in your brand and
- Make your content stand out from the rest of the crowd.
In addition to the above, when you add and embed Instagram content on WordPress you will be able to increase the exposure of your brand even further. This will ensure that you raise the chances of more potential conversions. This approach will offer you an easy option as well as your followers to interact with you on both these platforms. All in all, it will streamline the entire process on your end.
Instagram widget to WordPress
There are various ways in which you can add Instagram to WordPress and these include both manual methods as well as by using WordPress plugins.
- First up, the simplest and most popular method is by adding an Instagram widget to WordPress. In simple terms, widgets are the modular elements that will enable you to add any specific feature to your WordPress websites such as a search bar or a newsletter signup form.
- You can add these widgets to different areas of your choice in your site though in most of the cases it is commonly added to the sidebars and footers.
- By using an Instagram widget you will be able to add a live Instagram feed directly to your website. You have the options to have it displayed on all the pages of your website or choose to set it only to appear on specific pages as well.
To add an Instagram widget you must follow a few simple steps and remember a few specific things such as:
- Use a plugin such as Instagram Feed WD that comes with its own Instagram Widget feature
- You will have to log in and connect with your Instagram account
- After installing and activating on your website go to the settings within WordPress
- Next up you must navigate through Appearances and Widgets
- After that scroll, until you find the Instagram Widget section
- Click on it and drag it over to the sidebar on the right and you are done.
However, you may also adjust the exact location of your feed by moving the other widgets around. This will, in turn, provide you with a simple and quick way to customize the appearance of the sidebar or footer in your website.
Embed Instagram photos on WordPress
If you want to embed Instagram photos on your WordPress posts and pages there are specifically a few ways in which you can do manually.
- First, log in to your Instagram account
- Next, find the image you wish to embed
- Open the image in a new tab after that
- Click the timestamp to indicate how long it will be posted.
Once you are on the new page you must follow these steps:
- Select the URL from the address bar of the browser
- Copy the URL
- Navigate to Posts or Pages on your dashboard to embed the photo on the WordPress website
- Select the page or post next that you want to add the photo to and
- Simply paste the URL into the desired place within the WordPress editor.
After completing these steps you will see that the image appears automatically.
On the other hand, if you want to follow the alternative method to embed a photo on WordPress, you can use an Embed Code. For this:
- Go back in Instagram
- Find your chosen image
- Click on the ellipsis icon next to the ‘Add a comment’ section
- Choose Embed
- Copy the code provided
- Return to the WordPress page or post,
- Select the Text editor and
- Paste your code wherever you like.
In this process, however, you can remove the caption from the Embed as well if you like by simply unchecking the relevant box. If you follow this Embed Code approach it will take a little bit longer as compared to the widget method but this is a good choice especially for those having enough coding experience because it has a very strong potential and is the very flexible method. If unsure, you can take help of experts such as Gramblast to get more free likes and Instagram followers.
Embedding Instagram Videos
You can make your WordPress website even more impressive if you add videos in it. The process is much similar to embedding an image into it. In here as well you can go about it manually which is once again the simplest and quickest way as it requires the URL of the Instagram post only.
- To do this, first, you have to find the video of your choice and purpose that you like to embed from Instagram and follow exactly the same process till you see the video appear automatically once you passed the URL into the WordPress editor.
- The process is same even if you want to use the Embed code generated for each post that includes clicking on the ellipsis icon, selecting Embed code, and copying it and pasting it into the text editor of WordPress.
If you are familiar with HTML, you can even tweak a few attributes of the video you want to embed such as setting the specific time for the video to start or adjust the height and width of the post so that it fits better into your website.
Adding An Instagram feed to WordPress
Apart from embedding photos and videos on your WordPress website, you can also add complete feeds into it as well. This will keep your readers updated. The best way to do this is by using a dedicated plugin. Just make sure that you choose the layout, determine the media to display, and assign conditional filters to it. You are now ready to share the latest WordPress posts with your followers.
Author Bio: Harris is a leading blog writer and content marketing professional with thousands of real Instagram followers for his postings. You can visit Gramblast and learn how to build more follower presence.