AeroMobil is an exceptional vehicle. AeroMobil Flying Car a real flying car, with all that a car and an aeroplane have to offer. Because of its true flexibility, you have a choice: road or air. The choice is ultimately up to you, but, whether you choose to be aerial or earthbound, AeroMobil will always turn heads. Two-thirds of the 508 adults surveyed said they’d like to at least ride in, if not operate, a flying car. AeroMobil Flying Car First Review ..
Although safety was the prevailing theme, as 80 percent of the people said the vehicles should have parachutes. That’s an important aspect, obviously, since there are still no real rules in place for this gradually-approaching merger of daily transit and personal aircraft, and at least one automobile expert believes humans should focus on mastering their current cars first.
The inspiration for the AeroMobil design was a perfectly aerodynamic teardrop shape. Like petals opening, the wings gradually separate, as does the retractable landing gear and entrance for the crew. The exterior is highly aerodynamic, with strict attention paid to safety and control both in the air and on the ground. This focus on safety, however, has not stopped the design and engineering team from developing a unique design, with elegant proportions and a refined appearance.
eroMobil’s exterior is a real technological showcase, utilising the latest in carbon composite construction to deliver aerodynamic performance combined with automotive strength. Advanced optimisation and analysis techniques have delivered a vehicle that, when airborne, demonstrates stability and predictability, and which has a flight envelope that is comparable with existing standards in the field of general aviation.
AeroMobil Flying Car Specification
- Full transformation into flight mode in less than 3 minutes.
- Automotive Range -700km (estimated using NEDC cycle)
- Aerospace Max Cruise Range ~750 km @ 75 % (1 200 m, ISA)
- Fuel Capacity 90 ltr (95 RON Gasoline)
- Direct Drive variable pitch propeller (speed 2 400 rpm)
- Automotive – Top speed 160 kph
- Aerospace – Vs / Vc / VD – 112 / 259 / 360 km/h
- MTOW Take Off Distance ground roll / 50 ft – 397 / 595 m
- Max Take Off Weight – 960 kg (useable load 240 kg)
- Capacity:two passengers
- Length:6 m (19 ft 8 in)
- Wingspan:32 m (27 ft 4 in) wings extended
- Width:24 m (7 ft 4 in) wings folded
- Empty weight:600 kg (1,323 lb)
- Powerplant:1 × Rotax 912 four cylinder horizontally-opposed liquid and air-cooled piston aircraft engine, 75 kW (100 hp)
- Maximum speed:200 km/h (124 mph; 108 kn) maximum road speed: 160 km/h (99 mph)
- Stall speed:60 km/h (37 mph; 32 kn)
- Range:700 km (435 mi; 378 nmi) Road range: 875 km (544 mi)
- Driving fuel consumption:8 l/100 km (29.4 mpg‑US; 35.3 mpg‑imp)
- Flight fuel consumption:15 l (4.0 US gal; 3.3 imp gal) /hour